Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I'm thankful for a husband who works so hard for his family.

So I've been an "outage widow" for the past two weeks. Brent works at the nuclear plant here in town. Twice a year, they have outages for repairs, updates, etc. We're in our second one this year. This one lasts 6 weeks. He works 12 hour days when he's on normal shift. During outages they still work 12 hour shifts, but they work six days a week. The past three weeks he's been on days. Last night he started his 3 weeks of nights. Six nights a week for three weeks, with Sunday night as his only night off. This is why we are known as outage widows all over town. We see him only a couple of hours a day before he heads to work. It's actually better when he's on nights because we see him more. When he's on days he leaves the house around 5:30 a.m. and doesn't get home until 6:30 p.m. The kids have after school stuff until 7 two days a week and we have church one night during the week, so we have two nights that we don't have anything going on. The kids go to bed by 8 most every night, so he's only seeing the kids maybe an hour. When he's on nights he sees them from about 3 until 5. I'm so thankful for a husband that works so hard for us. He doesn't complain often. He just gets up, goes to work, and still does stuff to help around the house. Even though I don't work outside our home. He allows me to stay home to raise our children. This is always how I pictured my life would be. Staying home to care for our kids, being the "soccer" mom. I wouldn't change any of it. We have a crazy life! We're always busy. I'm so lucky that I get to get up every morning and go to my dream "job' every day! Even on days when my kids drive me nutso, I'm still so thankful that Brent works hard so I don't have to rush out of the house!
one more thing. GO here....giveaway.

No comments: