Thursday, October 9, 2008

Brent posting here, beware...

Ladies, this post is for all your husbands. You can still read if you want, but i might bore you with my 'man talk'...



So guys, how many of you got new backgrounds for your computers whenever you got that referral picture? I DID. Pictures have also seemed to be placed at other strategic locations (in my truck, on my desk at work, in my bible, and others...) Funny story of how we finally ended up getting those pictures. We did the online thing to our friendly local 'wally-world'. We get there and their machine was broken, strike one. We didn't have our sd card with us either, so back home we came. We think hey, we can use walgreens online, haha, strike 2 they don't do the online at our walgreens. SO, we finally had to do something to get pictures of the boy to show off to everyone. The sd card traveled back to wally-world, and we now have pictures. Not the best quality of course, those quick things aren't that good quality, but they caught my at a near desperate moment i guess. And like i said, i have pictures everywhere now, and I love it. Its great to be able to finally put a name and face together to this baby boy that we've all been waiting so long for.

The referral call (as I saw it). After one of those 'long days at work', yeah, you know what I am talking about, I got home and was just relaxing by playing some sudoku (yes, in the bathroom, you can laugh, its ok). Yeah, I'm a geek i know. Dania was completely beside herself on the phone, so i immediately knew what was going on. While I kept my macho, cool joe attitude, I was really excited inside. We looked at the paperwork after the phone call and immediately started doing our research. It was a long night, since I needed to study for a test at work the next day (I'm in reactor operator class, fun stuff). I got up extra early the next morning to head to work, leaving the busy work to Dania to run around and do. I think I might have had a few phone calls at work that day, which was nice as updates to what was going on, but i was trying to study hard for a test at noon. And man, it was a hard test too (I passed with a 90%). So, after all that was over, i finally got to call Dania and talk about the little guy, and we had no issues with accepting the referral.

I got home early that day and we were just waiting for our social worker to e-mail us a picture. Seems like it took a long time, I was stalking Dania's email inbox. Whenever we finally got it, much excitement was in the air. Such a good looking little guy. I guess somewhere inside I'm a big softie. I really thought that it would be hard to keep Dania from being overly 'depressed' so to say about not being able to go get him now. I think its the opposite though. I'm ready to go, put me on a plane tomorrow. I don't care that there is a million and four things that have to be done here at the house before we bring Paxton home. I guess in the next few months, I'll have to work on those to keep me busy. We've got the adoption education coming up in a few weeks that we're currently planning on going to also and hoping to meet some of you guys in person.

Well, I guess I'm done with my post here. It's been fun, I'll have to do it again sometime. And ladies, don't be 'blog-hogs', let the husband say something sometime... HAHA! (PS i changed up the music!!!)

p.s. another cool giveaway.....

1 comment:

Erin and Chad said...

OH! Paxton is so cute! You are very lucky to have lots of photos of him - I only have 3 of Caden!

We may bring our babies home at he same time - our referrals were the same week!

Erin
mykoreanadoption.blogspot.com