Friday, February 29, 2008

I feel so violated

We got fingerprinted this morning. We got up and left Russellville at 6:15. When we arrived it was about 15 til 8. We sat in the car for a few minutes and then got out to go inside for our 8 a.m. appointment. As we got closer to the door, a lady is standing there with 8 fingers held up. We assume she's meaning that they won't even open the doors until right at 8o'clock. We wait until both our watches say a minute or so past 8 and get back out of the car and go to the door. The same lady and a security officer are literally watching a clock waiting for it to hit exactly 8 a.m. It was too funny. We had to wait at the door for about 30 seconds before they would let us inside! We were only there about 15 minutes after they finally let us in the door. After it was done, I told Brent, "I feel like I've been violated." The government has my fingerprints! It's kind of weird. I guess I can't commit any more of those "no-known suspect" crimes any more!!! j/k

Other than that things are going really well. X has a basketball game tonight and his derby car races for cub scouts tomorrow night. We're having company all weekend so it should be nice and crazy! And to add to the craziness.....our dryer is broken! I can't even do laundry.

1 comment:

Leigh said...

Glad things are moving along for you all. Sounds like a good, busy weekend. You gotta get that dryer fixed...I can't imagine...it would make me crazy!