Wednesday, March 2, 2011

For my friend I prayed

A few months ago. Maybe even a year ago, I earnestly began praying for a friend. Someone I could call and chat with. Someone I could hang out with. That I could really consider a real friend. I few weeks ago, I realized that my prayer had been answered. In the past year, a friend has become a close friend. Something that most people would really take for granted having someone to call friend, I finally found! The Lord answered my prayer. I can call this friend for good news, bad news, happy news, sad news. She will cry with me, laugh with me and totally gets my struggles as a mom! She prays with me and my children and for me and my family. I could not ask for a better friend. For something that may have seemed trivial, the Lord knew I needed her. He sent her to me.

Isn't it funny how the Lord answers such little things? Like praying a quick prayer when you can't find you keys, or when I can't find enough hangers to hang up clothes. Somehow, I ALWAYS have enough hangers if I remember to pray about it as I'm searching the closet for empty ones! Several little things lately, that in the great scheme of things, are totally insignificant, the Lord has answered!

Tonight I have one BIG SIGNIFICANT prayer that I'd like ALL of you to pray. The man from our church who died this week was such a christian example. His best friend of over 4o years is not a christian. He is struggling with his grief and with God in wondering why God would take away this man. Please pray with me that R.L.R. would be saved. That he would see the love of Christ this week. That during the funeral services tomorrow he would be redeemed by our Savior. Today that is my prayer. Matthew 7:7 says: If you ask, it will be given to you. Seek and you will find. Knock and a door will be opened.

No comments: