Monday, January 16, 2012

Crafting

I have been crafting away lately! I have no pictures to show you, BUT if you look on my pinterest page you'll see some things I've made.

Had a group of ladies over last week and we made scarves out of old t shirts. They were all too cute! There were 5 of us here. Everyone made a different scarf. We had yummy 2x4 Soup and cornbread for lunch! It was a super day.

Also made two wreaths this week. I have an opportunity to start to sell a few of the things that I'm making so I've had to be on the ball this week.

AND tonight I finally got a new shower curtain made for our hall bathroom that is also Paxton's bathroom. It now looks way more kid friendly but not a kiddie bathroom. Our guests also have to use this bathroom so I didn't want to just be a kid bathroom. I took a plain black shower curtain from Target and sewed on a valance in some material that I loved and sewed a smaller border across the bottom in coordinating material. Love it! And of course, I have no pics! haha

BUT I will share the Soup recipe with you. It's delicious!

Geraldene's 2x4 Soup
2 cans rotel
2 cans kidney beans
2 cans ranch style beans with or without jalepenos
2 cans minestrone soup
1/2 block velveeta cheese
1 lb. ground meat ( I used deer meat this time I made it, but I'm sure you could use ground turkey and certainly beef)

Brown the ground meat and drain. Add to a big pot. Add everything else and simmer for 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted.

And that's it! Serve it with cornbread. It's amazing! Hope you make it and LOVE it! Let me know!!

No comments: