Wednesday, February 23, 2011

You Are Made New In Christ


I've prayed many prayers for my children. My first is always for their salvation. Xavier accepted Christ when he was 7 years old. About this time of year. And was baptized in May. That was 3 years ago. Tonight my sweet Naiabean told me that she wanted to become a christian and that she had already prayed the ABC prayer. I was bumfuzzled! Totally came out of the blue in a car full of loud kids on the way to church! We talked on the way to church and then at church for about 30 minutes "before I was sure enough she was ready to be saved"! Our pastor always says that the salvation of a person is NOT something that can be messed up! He says that first step towards repentence is all that's needed! I'm so glad that he preached this just last Sunday. I needed that assurance tonight as I prayed the prayer of salvation with my daughter! Behold, you are made new! She didn't want to tell anyone until she had told our pastor, but he's had a really rough week and wasn't there tonight. We told her Children's director and her daddy! What a special time in her life. I can't wait to watch her grow in Christ!

1 comment: