Thursday, January 14, 2010

Friends

I know that most women has a couple of ladies that they could call their "best friend". I've not had that in a LONG time. The last couple of years ago I really started missing it. Not having a confidant, someone to just call and chitchat with. Someone that I could just say hey, I'm coming over...and we could hang out. This week I'm missing it even more. I made my first new years resolution probably ever earlier this year and it was to be a better friend. This week, I've started praying for a friend. Someone that calls me, someone that I can call, someone to talk to, to hang out with...etc. I don't know who all reads this, I don't care enough I guess, to put on a ticker to see. BUT this is not a call for sympathy. I've just felt myself being lonely lately and I'm putting on here, so that I know it's out there that I AM doing something about it! Don't get me wrong...Brent and I have lots of friendships, just not that one person that I'd call a best friend. So if I'm friends with you in real person, this isn't a dig at you! You're all great. I just need and miss real, deep, meaningful friendship. I find myself being envious of certain ladies that I see that have that connection with another person. Someone they share things with, that they pray with, spend time with. I want that too.

3 comments:

dave and jenn said...

I think everyone feels lonely sometimes - and I, for one, hate January because I always feel a little down. I think it's the post-holiday let-down.

I'm sure there's the perfect friend out there who is looking for the same things that you are. And, in the meantime, you can always count on your bloggy friends when you are feeling lonely!

Anonymous said...

definitely relate, it's even harder in ministry life, unfortunately. i would guess most ministers are a LOT more lonely than they would admit. i have started willingly admitting it anyways.

Heather M. said...

Oh I will surely pray for you a best friend!