Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Saga Continues

Last night we had a scare with Paxton. He had his first visit to the emergency room. He's been so sick lately and last night he got dehydrated. We waited a couple of hours to be seen, but once we did, they hooked him up to an IV and got him some fluids and anti nausea meds, plus both of his ears are still infected after two other antibiotics. So they gave him something for that as well. He fell asleep after we did the IV and slept most of the time that we were there. His color came back and he kept down some pedialyte. We got home at 4:30 this morning. Brent pretty much had to sleep 3 hours and get up and go to work (at the nuclear plant! good thing he's in class right now) and I got to stay home with Paxton and rest. He's doing much better tonight. He's kept down all his fluids today plus some mashed potatoes!

Prayers would still be much appreciated!

5 comments:

Katy Hill said...

Poor baby (and poor parents)! I hope he starts feeling better soon and I'll pray you guys can get some rest! Keep us posted.

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

What a scary night! Sending positive thoughts your way...

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear that Paxton has had such a hard time with this illness. I will continue to pray for him!

Micah and Sunny said...

Oh no! I got on expecting good news. Oh, I am so sorry for you all. You must be emotionally and physically exhausted. I hope that today he is finally doing much better.

Tracie said...

So sorry! I sure hope your little guy gets to feeling better soon. I checked in today just to see if he was doing better. Prayers being sent your way...