Saturday, September 11, 2010

Do You Remember?

I knew that today was coming up. I knew that this weekend it would be Sept.11. However, when I woke up this morning and turned on foxnews, I had completely forgotten. How easily I forgot. Now as the day is going on, I start to remember where I was. What I was wearing. How I heard about it. I remember a certain few pictures of President Bush from that day. Images that never leave me. Poignant photos of a man that new his country would never be the same.

On September 11, 2001 I had bowling class. I went to class in sweats. When I got home, Brent came out and said "You've got to come see this!" Planes are crashing into the World Trade Centers. I couldn't believe what was happening. It still seems so surreal. That someone had the audacity to come into our country and take what was ours. Talk about a thief in our midst.

Today as I remember that day, I pray for our President. I pray for the families, that may never have closure. I pray for all of our service men and women that are fighting still today for this country.

No comments: